We’ll be needing some dedicated fans in the UK really soon to help spread the word about Future Boy. In exchange for your hard work you’ll have access to team exclusives including rare music, photos, and merchandise! If you’re interested please send us a message on Twitter telling us your nearest major UK city so we know which territory you can help cover. You can find us at www.twitter.com/teamfutureboy
For fans living in the rest of the world, YOU AREN’T BEING LEFT OUT! We will have plenty of opportunities for fans, all over the world, to help out via the internet and in person in their home towns, if they want to. Right now, we specifically need some help in the UK for an upcoming tour, but we will soon be posting ways other fans worldwide can help. Future Boy loves ALL of his fans and appreciates help from each and every one of them, no matter where they live!
Thank you for your support!
James Bourne has signed up to perform in a charity show in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust on September 26, in London. Fans have been asking James for some time now to do a performance in the UK. Finally, UK based Future Boy fans can see James perform live without travelling too far. The venue is fairly small (approximately 400 seats) so fans SHOULD NOT WAIT to purchase tickets as this show will easily sell out! The details are below including the link to purchase tickets. Team Future Boy will be there to show support. We look forward to meeting more Future Boy fans!
Wilton’s Music Hall
Very Musical Evening
in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust
at Wilton’s Music Hall
Unreserved Seating. General Admission.
Sunday, September 26
7:00 PM (5:30 PM doors)
Tickets £30.00 each
We have posted a few exclusive photos of Future Boy rehearsing for the show at the Roxy and wanted to share them with you! Check them out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/teamfutureboy/sets/72157624381105354/
Click on the picture to be taken to the Team Future Boy page at Flickr with more pictures from the show at The Roxy in Hollywood, CA on June 24, 2010
We, here at Team Future Boy, could not be more excited about the upcoming Future Boy performance at the Allstar Weekend Album Release Party show at Roxy in West Hollywood, California on June 24th. James Bourne has really worked hard on Future Boy music and deserves every success. We have a feeling that this performance is just the beginning of many great performances to come! If you live in the Los Angeles area (or are travelling there) and are attending the show, please drop us a comment here, or a tweet on Twitter to let us know. We’d love to meet as many Future Boy fans as possible. At the show, the team will be handing out goodies, rare promo items, and taking information from people who are interested in signing up to help promote Future Boy and spread the word! Come say hello, score some swag, and stay for an awesome show! Sound good? Yeah, we know.
Team Future Boy contest #2 has now begun! From now until the end of June, Future Boy fans are asked to create their own Future Boy web banner and post it on the internet! Ideally, banners should be 728 pixels wide by 90 pixels high (but any size banner will be accepted as long as the other rules are follwed) and should show the name Future Boy on it somewhere. In order for your entry to count, it must be placed on the web in a place viewable by other people and be clickable with a link to www.futureboy.com Finally, for your entry to be counted, you must tell us where to find your banner (leave us a comment on this post with the URL of the page where you posted your banner). All entries will be entered into a drawing. Random entries will be drawn to win Future Boy promo items. The best entry will be awarded a $50 (US Dollars) Amazon gift certificate for Amazon.com (or the winner may opt to receive $50 US Dollars via Paypal instead). You will receive 1 entry in the drawing for each unique banner posted on the internet!
Get creative! Use pictures, use fonts, GO NUTS! Most importantly, have fun!
Thank you for supporting Future Boy! You rock!
(Don’t be afraid of the terms and conditions! They just have to be listed for legal purposes!)
CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, complete the mission as explained on the website TeamFutureBoy.com. To be eligible, entrants must create a web banner and place it on the web on a page viewable by other people with a link back to www.futureboy.com or www.thefutureboy.com Banners can be any size or shape but MUST include the click-through link. Banners submitted must be the work of the contest participant. In order for banners to be counted as an entry in the contest, they must be reported by sending the URL to Team Future Boy via email, direct message on Twitter, message on Tumblr, or a comment on this posting on the Team Future Boy website. Submissions must be received BEFORE midnight, GMT, on June 30, 2010. Incomplete entries (banners not including the click-through link) will be disqualified. All entries shall become the property of Team Future Boy. Team Future Boy is not responsible for lost, misdirected or delayed entries. Entries received by telephone, fax, courier or personal delivery will not be accepted. From those submissions received there will be a drawing. Randomly selected participants will receive assorted Future Boy promo items. All entries received will be judged and the contestant submitting the entry deemed the best submission will be awarded $50 via Paypal. The contest winner must have a Paypal account or must provide one belonging to a parent or guardian who is capable of receiving the award for them.
1. The contest is open to participants 13 years of age or older anywhere in the world (except where prohibited by law). Participants under the age of 13 may enter with the permission of their parent or legal guardian to participate. A parent or legal guardian may be asked to complete a letter of permission before the prize will be awarded to a child under the age of 13. Identification may be requested if age is in question and must be produced on request.
2. Prizes are not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
3. Decisions of the contest judges are final – no substitutions will be available.
4. By claiming the prize, the winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers and other publications and in television or film releases, slides, videotape, distribution over the internet and picture data storage) which Team Future Boy may deem appropriate.
5. In accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that Team Future Boy, it’s associates, and anyone related, may not be held liable for any loss, damages or injury associated with accepting or using this prize(s).
6. The person(s) whose name(s) is announced as being the winner(s) of the specific prize will be required to provide their full legal name, full address (NO Post Office boxes, personal mailbox services, or similar), and a valid email address within 10 calendar days of the prize announcement or the prize will be forfeited. Incomplete submissions will be considered invalid.
7. Winners (or their legal guardian, if winner is under 18) must sign a release form as prepared and accepted by Team Future Boy acknowledging their acceptance and understanding of the complete contest rules if requested.
8. Team Future Boy retains the rights, in its absolute and sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value in the event of the unavailability of any prize or component of the prize for any reason whatsoever.
9. This contest is subject to all laws of both the contest organizer’s location and the location (either temporary or permanent residence) of the parrticipants. If the local laws of any participant prohibit the participation of an individual, that individual should not participate.
10. Team Future Boy reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
11. Approximate value of prizes vary.
12. Contest open to all participants who may enter without violating any laws. This is a WORLDWIDE competition.
13. Participants may submit as many entries as they like as long as each entry is their own work and follows the submission guidelines.
James Bourne sat down with Flecking Records’ Frankie Genchi to discuss the past (Busted and Son Of Dork), the present (those Busted reunion rumors, writing for other artisits, and Loserville the musical), and, of course, Future Boy. It’s great interview and will probably answer a few of the questions you have about James. Check it out!
A new contest will be announced shortly… stay tuned! While you’re waiting, keep spreading the word about Future Boy to all of your friends! Tell everyone to check out www.thefutureboy.com and to download Volume 1, Side A if they haven’t already. Keep reminding everyone about the release of Side B on thursday, June 3rd! Remember to also check out Loserville the Musical, featuring songs by James Bourne, coming to the West End in London in 2011! Go to loservillemusical.tv for a sneak peak of the show!