As we mentioned before, Future Boy is touring this year! Well, the cat is now fully out of the bag and fans are buzzing with excitement at the news! Future Boy will be touring the UK to support the band Twenty Twenty on their Fanttastic Tour in October 2010! Tickets for the 15 show tour are selling quickly and won’t last long. If you’re lucky enough to live near one of the venues (or are within travelling distance) be sure to get your tickets as soon as possible. Don’t wait or it may be too late!
|Mon 11th||Oxford O2 Academy2|
|Tue 12th||Stoke Sugarmill*|
|Thur 14th||Glasgow Garage*|
|Fri 15th||Aberdeen, The Tunnels*|
|Sun 17th||Norwich Waterfront*|
|Mon 18th||Liverpool O2 Academy2|
|Tue 19th||Nottingham Rescue Rooms*|
|Wed 20th||Cardiff, Clwb Ifor Bach*|
|Thur 21th||Bournemouth, Old Fire Station|
|Mon 25th||Islington O2 Academy London|
|Tue 26th||Bristol O2 Academy|
|Wed 27th||Birmingham O2 Academy2|
|Thur 28th||Manchester Club Academy|
|Fri 29th||Newcastle O2 Academy|
|Sat 30th||Sheffield O2 Academy2|
To purchase tickets there are a few options. You may call the venue box office directly or you may book online. To book online at the cheapest price you must pay by Paypal and collect your tickets at the venue (tickets by this method will NOT be posted) by visiting the band ticketing website here:
If you would like to book using a credit card (please note ticket outlets may charge additional booking fees and/or postage fees for posting tickets) you may use the links below for each of the venues/shows:
TWENTY TWENTY FANttASTIC TOUR TICKET LINKS
|Mon 11th||Oxford O2 Academy2 - BUY TICKETS|
|Tue 12th||Stoke Sugarmill - BUY TICKETS|
|Thur 14th||Glasgow Garage - BUY TICKETS|
|Fri 15th||Aberdeen, The Tunnels - TICKET LINK SOON|
|Sun 17th||Norwich Waterfront - BUY TICKETS|
|Mon 18th||Liverpool O2 Academy2 - BUY TICKETS|
|Tue 19th||Nottingham Rescue Rooms - BUY TICKETS|
|Wed 20th||Cardiff, Clwb Ifor Bach - BUY TICKETS|
|Thur 21th||Bournemouth, Old Fire Station - BUY TICKETS|
|Mon 25th||Islington O2 Academy London - BUY TICKETS|
|Tue 26th||Bristol O2 Academy - BUY TICKETS|
|Wed 27th||Birmingham O2 Academy2 - BUY TICKETS|
|Thur 28th||Manchester Club Academy - BUY TICKETS|
|Fri 29th||Newcastle O2 Academy - BUY TICKETS|
|Sat 30th||Sheffield O2 Academy2 - BUY TICKETS|
Team Future Boy will be there to support James Bourne at every single show. We look forward to meeting to the fans and hearing about how much you love Future Boy! We’ll have cool prizes and fun stuff for the most enthusiastic fans! We’ll see you at the shows!
We’ll be needing some dedicated fans in the UK really soon to help spread the word about Future Boy. In exchange for your hard work you’ll have access to team exclusives including rare music, photos, and merchandise! If you’re interested please send us a message on Twitter telling us your nearest major UK city so we know which territory you can help cover. You can find us at www.twitter.com/teamfutureboy
For fans living in the rest of the world, YOU AREN’T BEING LEFT OUT! We will have plenty of opportunities for fans, all over the world, to help out via the internet and in person in their home towns, if they want to. Right now, we specifically need some help in the UK for an upcoming tour, but we will soon be posting ways other fans worldwide can help. Future Boy loves ALL of his fans and appreciates help from each and every one of them, no matter where they live!
Thank you for your support!
We wanted to say big THANK YOU to those fans who made their way to the Roxy to see Future Boy play on June 24, 2010. For those who attended the show, you may have noticed that there were several Team Future Boy members present, taking the time to help support Future Boy by handing out Future Boy promo items. The Team had the pleasure of meeting a number of fans and talking about our favorite subject: Future Boy! We’re so happy that you’re all as enthusiastic about Future Boy music as we are! The show at the Roxy was AMAZING, but it is just the beginning of many great shows to come. We can’t wait to meet you all eventually. Thank you so much for supporting Future Boy!
Check out some photos of the Team hard at work at the Roxy show here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/teamfutureboy/sets/72157624270232871/
Team members who helped out at the Roxy show: Teresa (Team leader), Stefanie, Stacy, Raegan, Juliet, Vivian, and Vicquie!
Future Boy opened for Allstar Weekend on June 24, 2010 at The Roxy Theatre in Hollywood, California. The doors opened at 5:30 and by 6:00pm James was on stage and ready to perform in a show as Future Boy for the first time ever! In case you didn’t get to go to the show, you can still have a peek at what you missed. There are fan recorded videos on YouTube (just search for Future Boy show or Future Boy and Roxy). The official team coverage of the show is as follows:
The official Team video taken at the show is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RISvMVdUeV4
The official team photo feed at Flickr is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/teamfutureboy
The set list (in order) was:
Step By Step
Karate On My Heart
Pressure To Stay Together
Hoping For Disaster
Before and after the show, Team Future Boy street team members handed out goodies to the crowd. There were glowsticks, lanyards, t-shirts, stickers, bracelets, pins, and mints all printed with the Future Boy logo! Everyone got something to take home. When the show was over, everyone exited the venue and fans lined up to wait for their turn to enter the meet & greet with Allstar Weekend. James made his way down the whole line talking to fans, signing autographs, and posing for pictures! Future Boy clearly appreciates ALL of his fans!
James followed up his epic performance and awesome fan interaction by celebrating with friends, family, and street team members with an impromptu rooftop party!!
All around, it was a memorable night and a great start to Future Boy shows! The street team can’t wait to meet more of you at the next one!
We, here at Team Future Boy, could not be more excited about the upcoming Future Boy performance at the Allstar Weekend Album Release Party show at Roxy in West Hollywood, California on June 24th. James Bourne has really worked hard on Future Boy music and deserves every success. We have a feeling that this performance is just the beginning of many great performances to come! If you live in the Los Angeles area (or are travelling there) and are attending the show, please drop us a comment here, or a tweet on Twitter to let us know. We’d love to meet as many Future Boy fans as possible. At the show, the team will be handing out goodies, rare promo items, and taking information from people who are interested in signing up to help promote Future Boy and spread the word! Come say hello, score some swag, and stay for an awesome show! Sound good? Yeah, we know.
Team Future Boy contest #2 has now begun! From now until the end of June, Future Boy fans are asked to create their own Future Boy web banner and post it on the internet! Ideally, banners should be 728 pixels wide by 90 pixels high (but any size banner will be accepted as long as the other rules are follwed) and should show the name Future Boy on it somewhere. In order for your entry to count, it must be placed on the web in a place viewable by other people and be clickable with a link to www.futureboy.com Finally, for your entry to be counted, you must tell us where to find your banner (leave us a comment on this post with the URL of the page where you posted your banner). All entries will be entered into a drawing. Random entries will be drawn to win Future Boy promo items. The best entry will be awarded a $50 (US Dollars) Amazon gift certificate for Amazon.com (or the winner may opt to receive $50 US Dollars via Paypal instead). You will receive 1 entry in the drawing for each unique banner posted on the internet!
Get creative! Use pictures, use fonts, GO NUTS! Most importantly, have fun!
Thank you for supporting Future Boy! You rock!
(Don’t be afraid of the terms and conditions! They just have to be listed for legal purposes!)
CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter, complete the mission as explained on the website TeamFutureBoy.com. To be eligible, entrants must create a web banner and place it on the web on a page viewable by other people with a link back to www.futureboy.com or www.thefutureboy.com Banners can be any size or shape but MUST include the click-through link. Banners submitted must be the work of the contest participant. In order for banners to be counted as an entry in the contest, they must be reported by sending the URL to Team Future Boy via email, direct message on Twitter, message on Tumblr, or a comment on this posting on the Team Future Boy website. Submissions must be received BEFORE midnight, GMT, on June 30, 2010. Incomplete entries (banners not including the click-through link) will be disqualified. All entries shall become the property of Team Future Boy. Team Future Boy is not responsible for lost, misdirected or delayed entries. Entries received by telephone, fax, courier or personal delivery will not be accepted. From those submissions received there will be a drawing. Randomly selected participants will receive assorted Future Boy promo items. All entries received will be judged and the contestant submitting the entry deemed the best submission will be awarded $50 via Paypal. The contest winner must have a Paypal account or must provide one belonging to a parent or guardian who is capable of receiving the award for them.
1. The contest is open to participants 13 years of age or older anywhere in the world (except where prohibited by law). Participants under the age of 13 may enter with the permission of their parent or legal guardian to participate. A parent or legal guardian may be asked to complete a letter of permission before the prize will be awarded to a child under the age of 13. Identification may be requested if age is in question and must be produced on request.
2. Prizes are not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
3. Decisions of the contest judges are final – no substitutions will be available.
4. By claiming the prize, the winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers and other publications and in television or film releases, slides, videotape, distribution over the internet and picture data storage) which Team Future Boy may deem appropriate.
5. In accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that Team Future Boy, it’s associates, and anyone related, may not be held liable for any loss, damages or injury associated with accepting or using this prize(s).
6. The person(s) whose name(s) is announced as being the winner(s) of the specific prize will be required to provide their full legal name, full address (NO Post Office boxes, personal mailbox services, or similar), and a valid email address within 10 calendar days of the prize announcement or the prize will be forfeited. Incomplete submissions will be considered invalid.
7. Winners (or their legal guardian, if winner is under 18) must sign a release form as prepared and accepted by Team Future Boy acknowledging their acceptance and understanding of the complete contest rules if requested.
8. Team Future Boy retains the rights, in its absolute and sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value in the event of the unavailability of any prize or component of the prize for any reason whatsoever.
9. This contest is subject to all laws of both the contest organizer’s location and the location (either temporary or permanent residence) of the parrticipants. If the local laws of any participant prohibit the participation of an individual, that individual should not participate.
10. Team Future Boy reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
11. Approximate value of prizes vary.
12. Contest open to all participants who may enter without violating any laws. This is a WORLDWIDE competition.
13. Participants may submit as many entries as they like as long as each entry is their own work and follows the submission guidelines.
Get ready to get creative!
Tomorrow, all will be revealed, but for now we can tell you that you have to be ready to get creative!
There will be more than one prize available and the contest will be open WORLDWIDE!
If you’re interested in participating, STAY TUNED!
James Bourne sat down with Flecking Records’ Frankie Genchi to discuss the past (Busted and Son Of Dork), the present (those Busted reunion rumors, writing for other artisits, and Loserville the musical), and, of course, Future Boy. It’s great interview and will probably answer a few of the questions you have about James. Check it out!
A new contest will be announced shortly… stay tuned! While you’re waiting, keep spreading the word about Future Boy to all of your friends! Tell everyone to check out www.thefutureboy.com and to download Volume 1, Side A if they haven’t already. Keep reminding everyone about the release of Side B on thursday, June 3rd! Remember to also check out Loserville the Musical, featuring songs by James Bourne, coming to the West End in London in 2011! Go to loservillemusical.tv for a sneak peak of the show!
Congratulations Sheyla L. Anandita Ashari
Sheyla did an AWESOME job of posting links all over the internet, spreading the word about Future Boy, and telling friends about the upcoming release on June 3! It was such a great effort that when I informed James of all of the hard work she put into spreading the word, he said he would like to thank her personally! Sheyla, get ready for a video chat with James Bourne! You deserve it!